Without FAME e-Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former multi-gaming organization remade as a Starcraft II team.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Popados' Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Popados

Popados' Application Empty
PostSubject: Popados' Application   Popados' Application Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:11 am

SC2 Name: Popados
Character Code: 629
Race: Protoss
Current League: Gold

Best Match-up: PvZ
Worse Match-up: PvT

Experience with Playhem and/or z33k?
I have watched a little, but never participated.

Any competitive experience?
I was a mildly successful Unreal Tournament player during its more popular days, and have won a few local and regional LANs. After the community started to die off I switched into CS:S, but it was not really my thing. I played on a CAL-M team with some friends, but we never really got anywhere special. I have also played a few seasons of TF2 in the ESEA. Really though FPS has become quite stale for me, and unless UT makes a come back (old UT btw, UT3 and beyond was terrible) I don't see myself returning to the genre.

Are you currently on a team/clan?
no

Current Personal Goals (related to SC2):
I'm new to the genre and game overall. A friend of mine realized I was feeling down about not being active in the eSports community, and suggested I try sc2 out. I've been playing only a few months, and the first part of that was spent vs the computer figuring out what race I liked. Now that I'm a little more comfortable I'd say my short term goals are to improve my RTS mechanics first off, and then start fine tuning my mid and late game. Long term I want to get into a high masters league position and begin competing in esports again. Since I am quite a bit older than the average gamer I am dedicating a lot of my time to improving my play. Do I think I'll be a GSL champion someday? Probably not. Am I capable of competing in smaller tournaments someday? Absolutely. I'll just have to see how it goes from there, and keep my day job of course rabbit

Why would you like to join Without FAME?:
I dislike teams that have hundreds of players spread across half a dozen games. I understand part of why the team is so small is because you have recently reformed it, but after reading the team's goals I feel that this is a good fit for me currently. Overall I would love to get some practice partners to nail out strategy issues and be able to do the same map & MU over and over and over again. Ladder has its purpose, but I feel once my mechanics are solid it will be much less important.

On average, how many 1v1 games do you play a day (including custom 1v1s):
20+ if I'm really feeling it, but I try to get at least a dozen games in a day.

What are your usual playing hours:
2pm PST - 10pm PST I guess, but right now I'm working a lot less hours than normal so for the next month I'm on 12+ hours a day.
Back to top Go down
AverageHero
Admin
AverageHero

Popados' Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popados' Application   Popados' Application Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:56 am

Exactly what we're looking for, plus you're protoss which we desperately need haha. Come by channel wFe
Back to top Go down
https://withoutfame.forumotion.com

Popados' Application
Page 1 of 1